TK - 5th Grade (Ages 4-10)
IOK’s elementary students experience a private school education that meets and exceeds California state standards. Our unique integrated education focuses on a very distinct academic and religious studies program that encourages students to achieve excellence in both dimensions of knowledge.
Objective and Goals
Our objective is to uphold a model system based on Quranic and Prophetic guidance that values the sacredness of knowledge (ta’leem) and ethics (tarbiyah), while achieving the following goals:
- Provide students with high standards in academic education that develops growth, confidence and ambition.
- Teach students the Quran through an efficient and authentic modality, thus laying a foundation for memorization (Hifdh al-Quran).
- Educate and train students in the Islamic tradition through a comprehensive Islamic studies curriculum.
- Lay a strong foundation of the Arabic language enabling students to pursue a study of Islam in its native language of revelation.
- Nurture the emotional, social, moral and spiritual potentialities of students while shaping their personality and character.